[BioC] questions about MVA plot and loess N

Phguardiol at aol.com Phguardiol at aol.com
Wed Jun 25 16:03:50 MEST 2003

Hi,
few questions:
1- could it be possible to get the IQR values separately when using the mva.pairs function ? That would be useful if a large number of chips are run at the same time and one wants to compare the different normalization methods ?
2- is there a way to modify the name of the chip inside the MA plot ?
3- should I care about getting with loess normalization the following warning message: k-d tree limited by memory . ncmax=5002 9exact process was: data2 <- expresso(data, normalize.method="loess", bgcorrect.method="rma", summary.method="medianpolish", pmcorrect.method="pmonly")
4- where can I find more informaiton about the different summary.method available in affy ? some are completely unkown to me and I d like to learn about these
5- about normalization what I have understood is that some tools like MA plots can tell you that you have not "normalized enough" your data, but is there a way to see that you have gone too far with the process ? Maybe that s a stupid question....sorry !
thanks for your help anyway
Philippe