[BioC] Spotted array analysis

Jean Yee Hwa Yang jean at biostat.ucsf.edu
Thu Jun 26 10:46:12 MEST 2003

Hi Ron,

By default, M values are calculated as log(R/G) base 2.  If you have a
simple A vs B comparisons, here is a couple of options:

E.g. Assming you have 5 replicated experiment of A vs B.  Slides 1,2,4
were dye-swapped.

Option A)

M <- maM(data) ## Extract M values

## Flip the M according to dye swap experiments

newM <-  sweep(M, 2, c(-1,-1,1, 1, -1), FUN="*")

## The vector of -1 and 1 indicate the experiments that were dye swaped.

Option B)

Uses lm.series for a linear model analysis. Input the dye swap
information as your design matrix

library(limma)
fit <- lm.series(maM(data), design=c(-1,-1,1,1,-1))

Cheers

Jean