[BioC] reviewers for book chapter

Kseefeld1 at aol.com Kseefeld1 at aol.com
Fri Jun 27 17:37:01 MEST 2003

Hi

I'm finishing a book entitled "R for Bioinformatics" which is part of the
OReilly bioinformatics series (I have been working f/t on this project for over a
year, been very quite about it until now....).  The book is a combination of
relevant statistical theory and applications of interest using R.  There is a
microarray/Bioconductor chapter that I'm finishing this week (unfortunately I
didn't have more time or space to cover more of these topics and am thinking
of submitting a proposal for another R book specifically on these topics. If
anyone with a strong writing background, I would consider coauthorship, but you
must have substantial time for authorship, 20-30 hours/week over at least 4
months and not be involved in multipe other committments).

Would any of the core Bioconductor developers like to take a look at this
chapter quickly before I submit it to ensure the quality (must be part of this
team for this)?  Unfortunately it's a little short notice and I need this done
in the next two weeks (manuscript final due 7/31). This is the book's last
chapter.

Also, I am looking for nominees (anyone interested, they like a diverse pool
of reviewers) who would be interested in reviewing the entire book. This may
also put you in a pool of reviewers for OReilly's other bioinformatics titles
as well.

Please contact me via e-mail if interested.

Kimberly Seefeld, MS (statistics), M.Ed., BS (CS), BS (Cell Biology)
Freelance writer and trainer.

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]