[BioC] Questions on getting information from affy's CEL, CDF or 1lq file s

Wang, Hui Hui_Wang at affymetrix.com
Wed Mar 12 14:14:37 MET 2003

Hi,

I am trying to use read.affybatch, however encountering the below error.

Since the cdf I was using doesnot belong to any of the standard ones, could
that be the problem? If yes, how do I attach my own cdf?

Thanks

-hui

> cdf.env<-read.cdffile("test.CDF")
>read.affybatch("030228_01_GL.CEL",  "030228_02_GL.CEL")
AffyBatch object
size of arrays=712x712 features (7924 kb)
Error in .local(object, ...) : Information about probe locations for test
could not be found. Try downloading the testcdf package from
http://www.bioconductor.org/data/cdfenvs/cdfenvs.html
In addition: Warning message:
Incompatible phenoData object. Created a new one.
 in: read.affybatch("030228_01_GL.CEL", "030228_02_GL.CEL")
cdf=test (0 affyids)
number of samples=2