[BioC] MAS 5 numbers differing

Ben Bolstad bolstad at stat.berkeley.edu
Thu Mar 13 08:30:21 MET 2003

Having gotten rather weary of all the "My MAS numbers from 'affy' differ
from those I have gotten from Affymetrix MAS 5.0" type questions I have
made a rather brief attempt to quantify the differences. For those
interested point your browsers to

http://www.stat.berkeley.edu/~bolstad/MAS5diff/Mas5difference.html

At least in my mind the differences (which I will admit exist) are not
incredibly drastic.

The next time someone brings up this issue I'd hope they'd at least make
an attempt to quantify the differences as I have. It is much more
helpful to say where and by how much your values differ. The source is
all open, so if you see a reason why there might be a difference you are
free to modify the code, see if it helps and let us know about it.

Thanks,

Ben