[BioC] packagename, PackageName, packageName

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Mon Mar 17 11:54:21 MET 2003

    Gordon> Is there a preferred capitalization convention for
    Gordon> Bioconductor package names?  I am preparing a
    Gordon> package intended for Bioconductor tentatively called
    Gordon> LinMod (linear models for microarrays). Possible
    Gordon> names for my package would be linmod, LinMod or
    Gordon> linMod, i.e., no caps, cap of all initial letters,
    Gordon> or formal class style capitalization. All three
    Gordon> conventions are currently in use by more than one
    Gordon> Bioconductor package.

For CRAN, Kurt Hornik a while ago told me that he thinks using
all lowercase was best -- unless there's a very good reason to
differently.
I tend to agree.

Martin Maechler <maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch>	http://stat.ethz.ch/~maechler/
Seminar fuer Statistik, ETH-Zentrum  LEO C16	Leonhardstr. 27
ETH (Federal Inst. Technology)	8092 Zurich	SWITZERLAND
phone: x-41-1-632-3408		fax: ...-1228			<><