[BioC] quantile normalization approach

Wang, Hui Hui_Wang at affymetrix.com
Sat Mar 22 12:04:13 MET 2003

Hi List,

Quantile-quantile normalization assumes common distribution for data sets to
be normalized. I am fine with replicate normalization using this. However,
for different experiments, such as data from different tissues, is the
assumption still valid?

Could anybody point me to some reference that conducts comparison under many
different experimental conditions? (for example, under >10 different tissues
or cell line experiments).  I read all the papers/ documents I can find. But
still not convinced we can use that assumption.

Thanks

Regards

-h

	[[alternate HTML version deleted]]