[BioC] mva functions

Jason Skelton jps at sanger.ac.uk
Mon Mar 24 11:54:44 MET 2003

Hi

The files I'm trying to run through hclust etc have the following sizes
are these sizes "normal" for the output from vsn ?
MalVSN and typVSN are four slide experiments each with 12288 spot features
YeastVSN is from one slide with 12288 features

> object.size(MalVSN)
[1] 984976

> object.size(typVSN)
[1] 984976

> object.size(YeastVSN1)
[1] 381904

each one returns the following message
Error: cannot allocate vector of size 589776 Kb

Unfortunately I'm not sure of the specifcations of the machine I'm running
it from (Dec Alpha) and my systems administration group aren't
forthcoming apologies if this doesn't help much

Thanks for everyones help

Jason