[BioC] Getting unmodified Affy-Data via R+ and the Affy package...

Joern Wessels Wessels at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Mar 19 18:20:25 MET 2003

Dear people at Bioconductor,

First of all I would like to compliment you on your great site and your even
greater software packages. I started working with R+ only recently - and
since I am a biologist (and relativly new to the topic of Microarrys as
well) and not a statistician kept very close to the path you have shown me.
But there is one thing I would like to do that I did not find instructions
for. So here is my question:

We have a tool called GeneSpring (I am sure you are familiar with it) that I
used for data-analysis. My problem is that I can only import Affy-Scaled
data into it taking away much of its power (for example doing a
median-polish...). I would like to know how I can tell R (or any other tool
you might know of), to give me the raw chip data - unmodified. Or a
recommandation how to import RMA normalized data without fuss.

As I have already told you I am relatively new to that field of study -
maybe my questions are rather naive, but any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Joern Wessels

Joern Wessels

Diplom Biologe