[BioC] package download

Ding, Wei wei.ding at spcorp.com
Mon Mar 17 17:34:47 MET 2003

Hi,

I am trying to download bioconductor packages with "getBioC" function.
However it failed with the following error message:

> getBioC()
Running getBioC version 1.2.20....
If you encounter problems, first make sure that
you are running the latest version of getBioC()
which can be found at: www.bioconductor.org/getBioC.R
<www.bioconductor.org/getBioC.R>

Please direct any concerns or questions to bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch.

Error in getBioC() : Your R is not currently configured to allow HTTP
connections, which is required for getBioC to work properly.

I guess it may be due to the company firewall. How can I configure R to
allow HTTP connections or is there other way so I can download and install
the bundle packages for window?

Your help are highly appreciated!

Wei Ding, Ph.D.
Schering-Plough Research Institute