[BioC] MAS on Bioconductor

Kelvin Yen kelvin.yen at mssm.edu
Mon Mar 24 12:32:33 MET 2003

Hi,

I'm a new user to Bioconductor and I've been using the Affy package to
analyze the .Cel files I have.  I tried replicating the analysis I did
using Affy's MAS program with bioconductor's MAS algorithm but the
results I get are completely different than the ones I get using the
original MAS software.  I'm analyzing six .Cel files and using MAS and
a subsequent t-test on the values, I get many(~30) values that are
e-05.  But using Bioconductor's MAS algorithm, I only get one.  Here
are the commands that I'm using to generate the data.

Data <- ReadAffy()
eset <- expresso(Data, normalize=FALSE, bgcorrect.method="mas",
pmcorrect.method="mas, summary.method="mas")
eset <- affy.scalevalue.exprSet(eset)
write.exprs(eset, file="mas.xls")

I'm using the MGU74aV2 chip.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kelvin Yen
PS I eventually wanted to run the RMA algorithm on my data but first
wanted to make sure I could replicate data that I already knew the
value to.