[BioC] Problem loading affy using a saved workspace

James MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Thu Mar 27 16:20:04 MET 2003

R version 1.6.2

I tried loading Biobase, and here is my R output:

[Previously saved workspace restored]

> library(Biobase)

Attaching package `tkWidgets':

        The following object(s) are masked from package:tkWidgets :

      [snip]

Error in mlistMetaName(f) : No way to associate a generic function with an object of class "NULL"
Error in library(Biobase) : .First.lib failed

So it appears to me that something about the workspace is now messing up the loading of Biobase.

Jim

James W. MacDonald
UMCCC Microarray Core Facility
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
7410 CCGC
Ann Arbor MI 48109
734-647-5623

>>> Vincent Carey 525-2265 <stvjc at channing.harvard.edu> 03/27/03 03:34PM >>>
what version of R

exprSet undefined suggests package Biobase has not been loaded.
not clear to me why library(affy) does not accomplish the load.
try manually library(Biobase) before library(affy)

-----> this second load of tkWidgets is also strange -- i see it myself