[BioC] CDF package needed for Barley chip

James MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Mon Nov 3 16:27:08 MET 2003

In order to create this cdfenv, you will need to peruse the instructions
for building packages under windows (I have to assume you are on win32),
which can be found in the R for Windows FAQ, question 3.1.

Although relatively straightforward to do, getting your win32 box set
up for compiling packages can be a frustrating experience. If you choose
to do so, make sure you follow the instructions on Brian Ripley's site
EXACTLY. The instructions are terse, but everything you need to know is
there.

You will need to compile makecdfenv because there isn't a compiled
package yet, and once you have made the cdfenv, you will need to run
RCMD INSTALL to install it. This could easily take a while for you to do
if you are not well versed with computers, so in the interim I am
sending you the envs directly. However, I would highly recommend you
take the time to be able to compile your own packages. It has made my
life much easier.

BioCore: I can contribute the envs if there is an interest.

Best,

Jim

James W. MacDonald
Affymetrix and cDNA Microarray Core
University of Michigan Cancer Center
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
7410 CCGC
Ann Arbor MI 48109
734-647-5623

>>> "U. Baumann" <ute.baumann at adelaide.edu.au> 11/02/03 11:22PM >>>
Dear all,

Does anyone have a CDF package of the Barley1 Chip for R for Windows?
Or can
someone please create one or help me creating one. The original CDF
file can
be obtained at
http://www.affymetrix.com/support/technical/byproduct.affx?product=barley1

or from me.

Regards,

Ute Baumann

----

Dr Ute Baumann
Australian Centre for Plant Functional Genomics
The University of Adelaide
PMB 1 Waite Campus
Glen Osmond 5064

The University's obligatory Email-disclaimer can be found at
http://www.adelaide.edu.au/ITS/email_disclaimer/signature.txt