[BioC] Problem outputting normalized file

Richard Friedman friedman at cancercenter.columbia.edu
Mon Nov 10 18:18:08 MET 2003

Fellow Expressionists,

	I want to output the object that I created containing
my normalized data points for further processing with
by either Excel or SAS (I am very much a beginner in R).
I have encountered the following dificulty:

> write.table(swirl,"")
Error in as.data.frame.default(x[[i]], optional = TRUE) :
        can't coerce marrayRaw into a data.frame
> ls()
[1] "last.warning" "RGcol"        "swirl"        "swirl.norm"
"swirl.norm1"
[6] "swirl.norm2"  "swirl.normm"  "swirl.norms"  "tmp"

(The "" is just for illustration. I get the same error message
when I output to a file, of course.)

Also, when I try write.matrix, I get,

> write.matrix(swirl.norm,"")
Error: couldn't find function "write.matrix"

I would appreciate any suggestions as to how I can output the
normalized intensities. I regret bothering the group with
somethin so elementary. I have read the relevant parts of
"An Introduction to R", and R Data Import/Export, "The Basics
of S-Plus" and the on-line help for the write, write.table,
and write.matrix commands. I would expecially appreciate it,
if in addition to any specific suggestions, you could something
that I could read that deals with this topic.

Thanks and best wishes,
Rich
Richard A. Friedman, PhD
Associate Research Scientist
Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center
Oncoinformatics Core
Lecturer
Department of Biomedical Informatics
Box 95, Room 130BB or P&S 1-420C
Columbia University
630 W. 168th St.
New York, NY 10032
(212)305-6901 (5-6901) (voice)
friedman at cancercenter.columbia.edu
http://cancercenter.columbia.edu/~friedman/

"In slumberland there are 100 kinds of halavah and you
have to eat every one." -Rose Friedman, age 7