[BioC] Re: OpenPBS

Colin Smith colin at colinsmith.org
Wed Nov 19 19:25:21 MET 2003

Atsuya-

According to the OpenPBS website, Mac OS X is unfortunately not
supported, though in PBS Pro it is. webbioc has only been tested with
PBS Pro on a Linux cluster, and I didn't personally set up PBS on that
cluster.

It is possible that OpenPBS will compile and work with Mac OS X.
Spurred by your question I am currently exploring that possibility.
There are of course other free batch job submission tools that are
compatible with Mac OS X, for instance the Sun Grid Engine. We should
be able to work something out. Let's take that discussion off the list.

-Colin