[BioC] RNA digestion plots

James MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Thu Nov 20 15:53:27 MET 2003

Personally, I never really consider the slope when evaluating the
digestion plot. All I check is to see that the slopes are consistent
within an experiment. Even if there is a 3' bias to the data, as long as
it is consistent I figure the comparisons within the experiment are
valid.

Jim

James W. MacDonald
Affymetrix and cDNA Microarray Core
University of Michigan Cancer Center
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
7410 CCGC
Ann Arbor MI 48109
734-647-5623

>>> "Kevin Dawson" <kdawson at ucdavis.edu> 11/20/03 12:27AM >>>

Does any one know when to take the RNA digestion plots seriously. On
hgu133a arrays, these plots always seem to incline from 5' to 3'. Is
there
a certain slope value that sets the good and bad apart?

Thank you