[BioC] (no subject)

Vincent Carey 525-2265 stvjc at channing.harvard.edu
Tue Nov 25 18:57:28 MET 2003

> Hi,
>
> Need your help in the following:
>
> I am interedted in the software package - affy (developmental).  I have
> downloaded also.  I Requrest you that how to run the package.   There is no
> set up/exe file.
>
> I shall be very much grateful if you could kindly help in instructing me
> that how to use this software package.
>
> Thanks & Regards
> Muthu, S

affy is not standalone software.  you need to run it as an
R package.  you can retrieve R from cran.r-project.org.
get that installed and get a little familiar with it.

the affy package can be installed in your version of R
by running some commands inside R, once you have it installed.

source("http://www.bioconductor.org/getBioC.R")
getBioC("affy", rel="devel")

will start the installation process, as long as you have
sufficient web connectivity.

find the vignettes for affy on the web page under Documentation.