[BioC] automatically load CDF files/ under UNIX

Simon Lin simon.lin at duke.edu
Fri Oct 3 16:30:09 MEST 2003

Hello,

I am running library (affy) under UNIX.

As usual, I have to put the libraries under my ~home directory called .Rlib.
When the program trying to automatically download the CDF packages, it
generates an error.

> data<- ReadAffy()
> data
Environment mgu74av2cdf is not available.
This environment contains needed probe location information.
We will try to download and install the mgu74av2cdf package.

Note: No specified download type, defaulting to Source
[1] "Attempting to download mgu74av2cdf from BIOCcdf/"
Error in download.file(fileURL, destFile, mode = "wb", quiet = TRUE, method
= method) :
        unsupported URL scheme
Error in inherits(cdf.env, "try-error") : Object "cdf.env" not found

Any fix of this problem? Can I use getBioC() to get the CDFs? Write now, I
am manually use R INSTALL for the CDFs. Any alternatives insider R?

Thanks!

Simon