[BioC] Rdbi

Kasper Daniel Hansen K.Hansen at biostat.ku.dk
Wed Oct 8 13:00:18 MEST 2003

I'm using R 1.7.1 and Bioconductor release 1.2 under Redhat Linux 8.

The package SAGElyzer (which is version 1.1.17 in BioC 1.2) requires the
library Rdbi, when running under UNIX. This package is not available from
CRAN anymore. You may still get it from http://rdbi.sourceforge.net/. Rdbi
seems to have been replaced by the package DBI, which is available from CRAN.
I have looked at the development sources for SAGElyzer (v 1.2.4) and it seems
to have the same requirements as v1.1.17.

Questions/thoughts:
1) Is DBI sufficiently developed to replace Rdbi? If so, I guess it needs to
be fixed in SAGElyzer.
2) Otherwise I think a mention of this issue ought to be placed in the FAQ
since Rdbi seems to have disappeared from CRAN.
--
Kasper Daniel Hansen, Research Assistent
Department of Biostatistics, University of Copenhagen