[BioC] Installing BioConductor hangs the R process.

Chevreux, Bastien {VFB~Kaiseraugst} Bastien.Chevreux at dsm.com
Tue Oct 14 18:13:05 MEST 2003

Hello everyone,

I wanted to test some functionality of bioconductor. My system: Windows NT4 (SP whatever). I installed R (1.8 fresh install, never used it before on this machine) and then went on with getting the BioConductor package:

--------------------- snip -------------------------

> source("http://www.bioconductor.org/getBioC.R")
> getBioC()
Running getBioC version 1.2.42....
If you encounter problems, first make sure that
you are running the latest version of getBioC()
which can be found at: www.bioconductor.org/getBioC.R
Please direct any concerns or questions to bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch.

[1] "Installing reposTools ..."
Creating a new generic function for "summary" in "reposTools"

Synching your local package management information ...

Synching your local package management information ...
Warning message:
cannot open: HTTP status was '404 Not Found'

--------------------- snap -------------------------

>From this point on, R hangs and must be killed via TaskManager. Trying to install parts of the BioConductor package only ("affy" etc.) results into the same problem.

Any ideas?

Best regards,
  Bastien

--
Bastien Chevreux - DSM Nutritional Products
Bioinformatics VFB - Bldg. 203 / 113a

This e-mail is for the intended recipient only.
If you have received it by mistake please let us know by reply and then
delete it from your system; access, disclosure, copying, distribution or
reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited.
If you as intended recipient have received this e-mail incorrectly, please
notify the sender (via e-mail) immediately.