[BioC] Statisticians - Genome Institute of Singapore

Adaikalavan RAMASAMY ramasamya at gis.a-star.edu.sg
Thu Oct 16 13:42:16 MEST 2003

Genome Institute of Singapore (GIS)

Biostatistics Group

The Genome Institute of Singapore ( http://www.gis.a-star.edu.sg <http://www.gis.a-star.edu.sg> ) is looking for statisticians who are interested in a wide range of biomedical probems.

We are especially interested in hearing from senior researchers interested in leading their own group.

The institute is well-funded and engaged in the study of molecular biology using technologies that allow biological systems to be interrogated on a genome-wide scale.  Technology platforms include microarrays, FTMS/proteomics, sequencing and genotyping. Biological domains include cancer, infectious disease, pharmacology, cell signaling, stem cell biology, population and human genetics, renal and liver diseases, and comparative biology.

Statisticians working at the GIS are required to perform high-quality research on methodological issues arising from the analysis of data generated by the above (and other) platforms, as well as to participating in biological research using them.  How time is divided between these depends on individual interests and abilities.

We particularly welcome individuals interested in the analysis of gene expression and in statistical genetics. While experience working with genomic data is an advantage, we welcome talented and enthusiastic people who wish to develop their careers in this field.

To apply, please send a CV and a cover letter to

        gisrecruit at gis.a-star.edu.sg