[BioC] Error message with ReadAffy

Dasgupta, Abhijit (NIH/NCI) dasgupab at mail.nih.gov
Sat Oct 18 00:48:48 MEST 2003

 Why doesn't affy, if it encounters a cel file from a HG-U133A chip, search
first in the affydata library (or try to download it)for the CDF file
instead of giving the error message Xuejun got (and I got earlier). I guess
my question is, why do we have to manually load the affydata library? This
is a point I didn't find in any of the affy vignettes, though if I missed it
I'm sorry.

Abhijit Dasgupta
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics
National Cancer Institute