[BioC] Type III Sum of Squares Calculation

Man, Michael Michael.Man at pfizer.com
Wed Oct 22 14:30:54 MEST 2003

Hope this helps.  -michael

calculating type III SS
	Use Anova(lm, type = "III") in the "car" package
          C:\Program Files\R\rw1031\library\car\html\Anova.html

	(below is from Brian D. Ripley)
	Yes, but we don't tell you how to avoid leading you into a mire. See

	http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/MASS3/Exegeses.pdf.
	Most of the time drop1() does what people are using `Type III' for.
          (C:\Program Files\R\rw1031\library\base\html\add1.html)