[BioC] Error with ImaGene out put file in limma

Marcelo Luiz de Laia mlaia at fcav.unesp.br
Wed Oct 22 20:20:10 MEST 2003

Hi Pete,

Thanks very much!!! Your helps was very good!

Now, I have another problem.

I execute the commands above and have this result:

RegianeSample<-read.table("regianeRicoPobre.txt",header=TRUE,sep="\t",as.is=
TRUE)
> RegianeSample
  SlideNamber            FileNameCy3            FileNameCy5  Cy3  Cy5
1           1 lamina1_0_selected.txt lamina1_1_selected.txt  XDM BCYE
2           2 lamina2_0_selected.txt lamina2_1_selected.txt BCYE  XDM
3           3 lamina3_0_selected.txt lamina3_1_selected.txt BCYE  XDM
> slides<-cbind(RegianeSample$FileNameCy3, RegianeSample$FileNameCy5)
> RG <- read.maimages(slides, source="imagene")
Read header information
Read lamina1_0_selected.txt
Read lamina1_1_selected.txt
Read lamina2_0_selected.txt
Read lamina2_1_selected.txt
Read lamina3_0_selected.txt
Read lamina3_1_selected.txt
> show(RG)
All is correct !!
$printer
$ngrid.r
[1] 4
$ngrid.c
[1] 2
$nspot.r
[1] 32
$nspot.c
[1] 24
$genes
Is OK, too
> MA <- normalizeWithinArrays(RG)
> MA <- normalizeBetweenArrays(MA)
> ?lmFit
> fit <- lmFit(MA, design=c(-1,1,-1,1))
Error in lm.fit(X, y) : incompatible dimensions
> fit <- lmFit(MA, design=c(3,3,3,3))
Error in lm.fit(X, y) : incompatible dimensions

Here I have a problem?

I have 3 replicates (3 treated and 3 untread), that correspond to 3 arrays
(slides)!?. But I dont know how much coeficients I will be estimated.

Thanks

Marcelo