[BioC] PROBLEMS WITH getBioC function

Kasper Daniel Hansen K.Hansen at biostat.ku.dk
Fri Oct 24 15:47:40 MEST 2003

On Friday 24 October 2003 15:37, Stephen Moore wrote:
> When I opened R and typed:
>
> source("http://www.bioconductor.org/getBioC.R")
>
> I recieved the following error message:
>
> Error in file(file, "r") : unable to open connection
> In addition: Warning message:
> unable to resolve 'www.bioconductor.org'.

You are unable to get a http connection from within R. This is probably due to
a firewall, either local (as Zonealarm) or departmental. In case you do not
know how to correct this, contact your local sysadmin.

Basically, this is a R issue and not a Bioconductor issue.
--
Kasper Daniel Hansen, Research Assistent
Department of Biostatistics, University of Copenhagen