[BioC] Installing metadata packages..

James MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Wed Oct 29 17:08:51 MET 2003

To install downloaded files, you just need to do something like:

path_to_R/bin/R CMD INSTALL /path_to_files/moe430acdf_1.3.1.tar.gz

HTH,

Jim

P.S., if you search the mailing list, there might be something useful to help you get the packages to automagically download and install. This question has been asked before.

James W. MacDonald
Affymetrix and cDNA Microarray Core
University of Michigan Cancer Center
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
7410 CCGC
Ann Arbor MI 48109
734-647-5623

>>> Samuel Lattimore <Sam.Lattimore at cancer.org.uk> 10/29/03 10:01AM >>>
Hi!

Im having great difficulty installing the moe430acdf environment. I have
downloaded the moe430a metadata files, (Annotation, CDF and Probe) but i cant
install.... any help for a new-commer to R and Bioconductor??

(im running it under SUSE  9.0)

This is my error message:

-----------------
> boxplot(D)
Environment moe430acdf is not available.
This environment contains needed probe location information.
We will try to download and install the moe430acdf package.

Note: No specified download type, defaulting to Source
[1] "Attempting to download moe430acdf from BIOCcdf/"
Error in download.file(fileURL, destFile, mode = "wb", quiet = TRUE, method =
method) :
        unsupported URL scheme

Cheers!!

Sam