[BioC] Affymetrix errormodel?

w.huber at dkfz-heidelberg.de w.huber at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Tue Sep 2 18:57:38 MEST 2003

Hi,

An incomplete selection is here:

Irizarry RA, Hobbs B, Collin F, Beazer-Barclay YD, Antonellis KJ, Scherf
U, Speed TP. Exploration, normalization, and summaries of high density
oligonucleotide array probe level data. Biostatistics. 2003
Apr;4(2):249-64.
and a number of other papers by the same first author.

David Rocke and Blythe Durbin have a number of papers, as far as I
know they, as well as Trey Ideker were the first to use a two-component
(constant + proportional) error model, see e.g. J Comp. Biol. 8 page 557.
http://www.cipic.ucdavis.edu/~dmrocke/preprints.html

The first three links in the "publications" section of my webpage (see
http address below) may also be useful, as well as bioconductor's "vsn"
package and its vignette.

And recently there was a workshop
http://www.affymetrix.com/corporate/events/seminar/microarray_workshop.affx
with some relevant talks, esp. on approaches to the
incorporation of biochemical probe properties into the modeling.

Best regards
  Wolfgang

Wolfgang Huber
Division of Molecular Genome Analysis