[BioC] Error with getBioC() under Mac OS 10.2.6

John Maindonald john.maindonald at anu.edu.au
Tue Sep 23 13:48:30 MEST 2003

I am running Jan de Leeuw's compilation of R, thus:
R : Copyright 2003, The R Development Core Team
Version 1.7.1 Patched (2003-06-21)

I copied the Bioconductor install script from the Bioconductor
web site (http://www.bioconductor.org/reposToolsDesc.html)
a few moments ago.

I ran R from root and sourced the install script.
Installation of repostools seems to go alright.  But then I get an
error:
---------------------------

 > getBioC()
Running getBioC version 1.2.41....
If you encounter problems, first make sure that
you are running the latest version of getBioC()
which can be found at: www.bioconductor.org/getBioC.R

Please direct any concerns or questions to
bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch.

[1] "Installing reposTools ..."
* Installing *source* package 'reposTools' ...
** R
** data
** inst
** help
  >>> Building/Updating help pages for package 'reposTools'
      Formats: text html latex example
   ReposEntry-class                  text    html    latex   example
  . . .
   userQuery                         text    html    latex   example
   winConvertSourceRepos             text    html    latex   example
* DONE (reposTools)

* DONE (INSTALL)
Creating a new generic function for "summary" in package
reposTools

Synching your local package management information ...

Converting /usr/local/lib/R/library to new local library data format.
Error in if (e1[i] != e2[i]) return(TRUE) :
         missing value where TRUE/FALSE needed
Error in library(reposTools) : .First.lib failed

Is there something obvious that I am doing incorrectly?

Thanks.

John Maindonald             email: john.maindonald at anu.edu.au
phone : +61 2 (6125)3473    fax  : +61 2(6125)5549
Centre for Bioinformation Science, Room 1194,
John Dedman Mathematical Sciences Building (Building 27)
Australian National University, Canberra ACT 0200.