[BioC] Problems with hgu133acdf...!

Dario Greco greco at biogem.it
Tue Sep 23 17:07:14 MEST 2003

Hi to all,
I've installed on my pc (win xp pro os) the last version of R (1.7.1)
and BioConductor 1.2.1 I'm tring to analyze a affy dataset made with
hgu133a chipset. When I enter the string "xyzRMA<-rma(xyx)" it returns
me this:

	Environment hgu133acdf is not available.
	This environment contains needed probe location information.
	We will try to download and install the hgu133acdf package.

	Note: No specified download type, defaulting to Win32
	[1] "Attempting to download hgu133acdf from BIOCcdf/"
	Error in download.file(fileURL, destFile, mode = "wb", quiet =
TRUE, method = method) :
        	unsupported URL scheme

I've tried also to manually download the hgu133acdf.zip and to install
it in R, but it gives me this output:

	Error in file(file, "r") : unable to open connection
	In addition: Warning messages:
	1: error -1 in extracting from zip file
	2: cannot open file `hgu133acdf/DESCRIPTION'

What can I do?
Thankyou very much...
Ciao
Dario