[BioC] Problems with hgu133acdf...!

James MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Tue Sep 23 11:36:04 MEST 2003

How did you try to install the .zip file? I just tried (same OS, same
Rver) using 'Install from local zip file...' and it worked fine.

Jim

James W. MacDonald
Affymetrix and cDNA Microarray Core
University of Michigan Cancer Center
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
7410 CCGC
Ann Arbor MI 48109
734-647-5623

>>> "Dario Greco" <greco at biogem.it> 09/23/03 10:07AM >>>

Hi to all,
I've installed on my pc (win xp pro os) the last version of R (1.7.1)
and BioConductor 1.2.1 I'm tring to analyze a affy dataset made with
hgu133a chipset. When I enter the string "xyzRMA<-rma(xyx)" it returns
me this:

	Environment hgu133acdf is not available.
	This environment contains needed probe location information.
	We will try to download and install the hgu133acdf package.

	Note: No specified download type, defaulting to Win32
	[1] "Attempting to download hgu133acdf from BIOCcdf/"
	Error in download.file(fileURL, destFile, mode = "wb", quiet =
TRUE, method = method) :
        	unsupported URL scheme

I've tried also to manually download the hgu133acdf.zip and to install
it in R, but it gives me this output:

	Error in file(file, "r") : unable to open connection
	In addition: Warning messages:
	1: error -1 in extracting from zip file
	2: cannot open file `hgu133acdf/DESCRIPTION'

What can I do?
Thankyou very much...
Ciao
Dario