[BioC] GenMAPP swissprot question / answers

Phguardiol at aol.com Phguardiol at aol.com
Mon Sep 29 16:40:53 MEST 2003

For those like me who were fighting with GenMAPP !

Jim,
the file seems to be pretty interesting giving for each probe set ID the GB
and the prefered GenMAPP one etc... for mostly any kind of chip.
pretty useful I think... I ll cross check with my list !

....see below

Dear Dr. Guardiola,

We are indeed working an another way to do this. The upcoming version 2 of
GenMAPP/MAPPFinder will accept Affymetrix probe set IDs as the primary ID. we
hope to release this new version within a couple of months.

In the meantime, you can use our converter
(http://www.genmapp.org/FAQ.asp#probeset) to convert your Affymetrix IDs into GenBank IDs for use with GenMAPP.
If you have problems with this, please let me know and I will do the
conversion for you.

I apologize for this inconvenience.

Regards,

Kristina

Kristina Hanspers, ME
GenMAPP Development Team
Bioinformatics Research Associate/Conklin Lab
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease/UCSF
www.GenMAPP.org

Ms, Sir,
I d like to use GenMapp and MAPPFinfer with my data that come from Affymetrix
HU133A GeneChip. Do you have a conversion file already "ready to use" between
the Probe set ID of HU133A and the SwissProt ID that could be use for this
purpose.
It is clear that your software is very exciting but this part of the data
processing is compromising its use by a lot of biologists... you have to find
another way to do it !
thanks
Philippe Guardiola, MD
FHCRC, Seattle