[BioC] Rgraphviz and Windows

Vincent Carey 525-2265 stvjc at channing.harvard.edu
Mon Sep 29 17:39:07 MEST 2003

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Jeff Gentry wrote:

> > I would like to plot graph object with a windows (XP) version of R. I would
> > like to know if someone succeeds to use Rgraphviz with Windows. If not, if
> > there are alternatives to plot graph object.
>
> Rgraphviz does not currently operate w/ Windows, no.  The only alternative
> that I know of would be to not use Windows :)

Note that the graphviz utilities do build under windows and
even under cygwin.  So one can export R graph data to GXL,
then use the gxl2dot utility of graphviz to get a dot
file, then use dotty or dot to visualize.  You may need
to tweak the GXL to get gxl2dot to succeed with the
toGXL dump.

example:

library(graph)
example(graphNEL)