[BioC] log values of affybatch data

Rafael A. Irizarry ririzarr at jhsph.edu
Tue Sep 30 16:38:43 MEST 2003

li wong returns original/antilog scale. originally, the idea was to return
values in the scale which the model, used for the data reduction,
suggests one should perform tests. so for li and wong's model (additive
error) it comes back as original scale. for the medianpolish function used
by rma (multiplicative error) it comes back in the log scale. because its
not clear what the model is for mas5 and mas4 (avdiff)  original scale is
returned for consistency with their software. i believe vsn returns values
in the scale they suggest one should perform test, i.e. with the variance
stabilizing transformation applied. hopefully this isnt too confusing.  i
believe/hope the help files say what scale is used.