[BioC] Classification question

Tom R. Fahland tfahland at genomatica.com
Fri Apr 2 01:47:48 CEST 2004

All

I had a quick question about how you might best solve a classification
problem.
I have some ideas, but wanted to run it by the group to see their
thoughts.

I have animal data containing different doses of a substance and also
have
multiple time points for each dose (with replicates). I am interested in
classifying
the samples based on dose amount. I am experimenting with non-linear
techniques like neural
nets, etc. Now this problem is striaght forward if you have only one
time point per dose, just group similar doses together and train the
network. But its alittle more tricky with multiple time points. What do
you think is the best way to fully utilize all the data for dosage
classification. How would you use/incorporate the mulitple time points?

Thanks
Tom