[altirriba@hotmail.com: [BioC] Design in factDesign] (fwd)

Jordi Altirriba Gutiérrez altirriba at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 8 20:35:08 CEST 2004

Thank you very much for your prompt answer Denise!
Yes, you are right, the command FUN=mainES is wrong, I did this mistake when
I copied the commands to the mail (sorry). Therefore, the other commands are
correct.
But there is something that I don't understand (sorry if it is a very basic
question), because when I want to get the genes that are differentially
expressed due to diabetes I "fit" my data to the functions: lm(y ~ DIABETES
+ TREATMENT + DIABETES * TREATMENT) and lm(y ~ TREATMENT). Therefore the
genes that "fit" better to the first function are differentially expressed
due to diabetes, but why don't I fit my data to the functions: lm(y ~
DIABETES + TREATMENT + DIABETES * TREATMENT) and lm(y ~ TREATMENT + DIABETES
* TREATMENT)? I know that the parameter DIABETES * TREATMENT is the
intersection of the other two parameters, but it should be independent of
these parameters.
Thank you very much for your comments and help! (and your patience)

Jordi Altirriba
IDIBAPS - Hospital Clinic (Barcelona, Spain)