[BioC] Problem installing Rgraphviz

Jeff Gentry jgentry at jimmy.harvard.edu
Wed Apr 14 17:09:03 CEST 2004

> I looked at the source code and I couldn't find Info declared anywhere
> including the graphviz or R headers, I
> thought it might be a global variable. Is this an oversight in the
> development version or something
> I forgot to configure on my system. I am using a fresh install of R-1.9.0
> on RH linux 9.0 and I have graphviz-1.12
> and Rgraphviz_1.3.22

There was a slight change between Graphviz 1.12 and 1.11, and I'll be
committing a change in the next few minutes so that Rgraphviz works
against 1.12.  At the same time, I'm going to modify the language of the
SystemsRequirements field to say that it requires "Graphviz version
1.12" and not use the ">=" as that often turns out to not be true.

Graphviz version 1.12 will be the version that the BioC 1.4 Rgraphviz
will be using.  When 1.4 is released, the Rgraphviz in the devel branch at
that point will be working against Graphviz 1.13.

-J