[BioC] Genbank to Unigene IDs

Dave Waddell dwaddell at nutecsciences.com
Thu Apr 15 16:37:07 CEST 2004

I tried running this but got an error:
> library(AnnBuilder)
> myBaseType <- "gb"
> myDir <- "C:/Temp"
> myBase <- "C:/Temp/tempFile.txt"
> mySrcUrls <- getSrcUrl(src = "ALL",organism  = "human")
> ABPkgBuilder(baseName = myBase, srcUrls = mySrcUrls, baseMapType =
+      myBaseType, pkgName = "Hum_Agi1A", pkgPath = myDir,organism =
+      "human",  version = "1.0",
+      makeXML = TRUE, author = list(author = "dpritch", maintainer =
+      "dpritch at u.washington.edu"), fromWeb = TRUE)
[1] "It may take me a while to process the data. Be patient!"
Warning message:
cannot open file `C:/R/rw1090beta/library/AnnBuilder/temp/tempOut31783'
Error in unifyMappings(base, ll, ug, otherSrc, fromWeb) :
        Failed to get or parse LocusLink data because of:

 Error in file(file, "r") : unable to open connection

I had changed this directory from "Read Only" and checked that I had write
permissions from within R:
> setwd("C:/R/rw1090beta/library/AnnBuilder/temp")
> dir()
[1] "file24842Tgo.xml" "README"
> write("Hello")
> dir()
[1] "data"             "file24842Tgo.xml" "README"

I get the same error if I run
example("ABPkgBuilder")

Any suggestions?

Dave.