[BioC] tutorial available? [forwarded message]

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu
Wed Apr 21 23:27:55 CEST 2004

Yes, there are many different resources available (and many are
mentioned on either the R site or the Bioconductor site). There are
published books on R and S-Plus, there are on-line tutorials for R.
For Bioconductor there are a number of shotr courses whose entire
content is on the web, including tutorials. For all Bioconductor
packages there are vignettes included with the package (and also
available from the main web page) that describe some of the things
that can be done with each package.

You can also ask questions on this mailing list, but do try to provide
information on the operating system, version of R, of Bioconductor and
provide a reproducible example of what your problem or concern
is. Before doing so
please read the posting guidelines in the R FAQ as the provide some
detail and also please check the email archives for both R and
Bioconductor in case your question has already been answered.

 Robert

On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 11:19:43PM +0200, Martin Maechler wrote:
> This was accidentally sent to me, personally.  MM

| Robert Gentleman                 phone : (617) 632-5250                   |
| Associate Professor              fax:   (617)  632-2444                   |
| Department of Biostatistics      office: M1B20                            |
| Harvard School of Public Health  email: rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu        |