[BioC] subtractmm problem in "affy"

Ben Bolstad bolstad at stat.berkeley.edu
Thu Apr 22 16:17:05 CEST 2004

Yes you are correct. if you read the

"affy: built in processing methods"

vignette, it is clearly spelled out in section 6 that  "It is important
to note that not every preprocessing method can be combined together. In
particular the rma backgrounds adjust only PM probe intensities and so
they should only be used in conjunction with the pmonly PM correction."

It would be trivial for someone to modify their local bg.correct.rma to
handle MM probes. Say something like:

bg.correct.rma <- function(object, ...){
  pm(object) <- apply(pm(object),2,bg.adjust)
  mm(object) <- apply(mm(object),2,bg.adjust)
  return(object)
}

or you could use

bgcorrect.method="none"