[BioC] when to call pmcorrect in affy

Arne.Muller at aventis.com Arne.Muller at aventis.com
Thu Apr 22 19:05:04 CEST 2004

Hello,

when processing an affybatch by performing all steps "manually" (i.e. not using expresso or justRMA), when do I call pmcorret?

does this order make sense?
1. bgcorrect (rma)
2. normalize (quantiles)
3. pmcorrect (pmonly)
 ... no summary!

In this case (since I'm using rma) do I have to take care that I remove the MM intensities from the affybatch before passing the bgcorrected affybatch to the normalization (because on the PMs were corrected)?

Basically I'd just like to skip the last step the "summary" to finally have a matrix with the probe insensities (and not the summarized *probeset* intensities). justMA cannot leave out the summary step, can it?

	kind regards + thanks for your comments,

	Arne

--
Arne Muller, Ph.D.
Toxicogenomics, Aventis Pharma