[BioC] Question on afy/gcrma probe indexes

Wolfgang Huber w.huber at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Wed Apr 28 23:10:06 CEST 2004

Hi Richard,

can you please provide details? An example for when a call to the these
functions produces a wrong result? So if you are right, we can repair them?

Note that these functions are really simple - e.g. for a hgu133plus2
chip, they are

> xy2i
function (x, y)
{
     y * 1164 + x + 1
}

> i2xy
function (i)
{
     r = cbind((i - 1)%%1164, (i - 1)%/%1164)
     colnames(r) = c("x", "y")
     return(r)
}

Best wishes