[BioC] Gene Logic dilution series, hgua95 identical values

Martin Jakt mjakt at cdb.riken.jp
Thu Apr 29 11:23:21 CEST 2004

Hi,

I am trying to use the gene logic dilution series of data to compare a few
different methods of calculating expression signals. However, when I use any
of the data from that set (cel files of the hgua95 set) all the values for a
given probe are identical if I use the rma methods through expresso. If I use
the rma function or try to calculate mas values I just get files full of NA.

As far as I can tell this seems to be restricted to cel files for the hgu95a
set as I have no trouble putting our data through bioconductor (MGU75v2
series of chips). Neither does there seem to be a problem with the data
itself as I can easily put this through dchip or several of my own programs.

The R environment doesn't spit out any error messages at all during this
processing, so it is a little difficult to work out what might be going
wrong.

Has anyone else out there come across something at all similar, or does any
one have some ideas as to what might be causing this problem?

I am grateful for any suggestions,

cheers,
Martin

--