[BioC] human tissue specific genes

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Mon Aug 2 11:59:56 CEST 2004

Lana,

You could look at making one using the GNF expression atlas (available
via GEO, which you can access directly from R using AnnBuilder).  Data
is available for 79 human tissues in duplicate on Affy arrays
(hgu133a).  Furthermore, some tissues are represented more than just in
duplicate (Brain is composed of pons, corpus callosum, frontal cortex,
etc.).  I'm not sure how good the data is, but for "clustering" or the
like, it is probably adequate.

Sean