probe length was:RE: [BioC] GCRMA backgrounds?

Peter Wilkinson pwilkinson at videotron.ca
Mon Aug 2 22:15:38 CEST 2004

I have looked at this issue somewhat and you know there is no real answer
to that question. We simply do not know enough about what is going on.

I have seen data, where if you find significant genes on one platform and
then select significant genes on another (same sample run on multiple
platforms), and you draw a VENN diagram, there is little in common between
the platforms. Then when RT PCR is all the lists seem to be validating. So
the different technologies seem to detect different genes differently in
some magical mysterious way. I think we just do not understand the kinetics.

The whole issue makes me and want to throw microarrays of the top floor of
our institute consume a more than suitable amount of migraine medication,
then chase is down with a more than suitable amount of alcoholic bevvy.

Peter