[BioC] GOStat and multiple testing

Arne.Muller at aventis.com Arne.Muller at aventis.com
Wed Aug 4 13:06:30 CEST 2004

Hello,

I was wondering if one needs to correct the p-values from the hypergeometirx test from GOstat for mutliple testing, since one performs many tests (over all GO categories found in the gene list). I'm not sure if correction for multiple testing makse sense since the GO terms are highly dependent (terms on the same branch + one gene is annotated in several terms).

Robert Gentleman mentiones in the GOstats documentation that the multiple testing issue is not solved yet? I assume GOHyperG does not perform any kind of multiple testing correction, is this right?

I'd be happy to receive comments on this and to heare about your experience.

	kind regards,

	Arne