[BioC] Questions about input data with limma GUI

hélène régé ln_rege at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 4 15:50:12 CEST 2004

Dear all,
Hello,
I'm a student, and I want to analyse my microarray data with limma GUI but
the program bug probably because my data isn't in a good format. My data
comes from the software Array-Pro Analyser with a clone number, raw
intensity of cells A labeled with Cy3, raw intensity of cells B labeled with
Cy5 and the same thing for the dye-swap. I haven't background data (the
correction was done by Array-Pro).
For input my data in limma GUI, I create this 2 text files :

> > SpotType	ID	Name	Color
> > cDNA	*	*	black
> > Alien1	Alien1	*	blue
> > Alien2	Alien2	*	blue
> > Plant	Plant	*	blue
> > plant	plant	*	blue
> > GFP	GFP	*	red
> >

> > SlideNumber	FileNameCy3	FileNameCy5	Cy3	Cy5
> > 1	lame1w647.txt	lame1w555.txt	Ooc	Cs
> > 2	lame2w647.txt	lame2w555.txt	Cs	Oos
> >
> > the text file like lame1w647.txt have 2 columns, the first contains the
> > clone number and the second the raw intensity
> >

> > when I try to load myTarget.txt, this error messages appear :
> > Error in scan(fili=......, : line 1 did not have 6 elements
> > Erro in colnames(Targets) : Objest "Targets" not found
> > Error in assign("Targets".....

I want just analyse and no visualize and so i don't want use Spot format.