[BioC] normalizeWithinArrays "composite"

M Inmaculada Barrasa ibarrasa at mail.med.upenn.edu
Thu Aug 12 01:27:52 CEST 2004

Dear all,

I am trying to normalize a test array. I would like to use
normalizeWithinArrays "composite", but I tried the other options too.

When I do:

MAloessNoC <- normalizeWithinArrays(RG, method = "loess", weights=NULL)

MAloess <- normalizeWithinArrays(RG, method = "loess", weights=NULL,
controls = nonDE)

 MAnone <- normalizeWithinArrays(RG,  method = "none")

I don't get any errors

But when I do:

MAcomp <- normalizeWithinArrays(RG, layout, method = "composite",
weights=NULL,  controls = nonDE)

I get:

Error in predLoess(object$y, object$x, newx, object$s, object$weights,  :
        NA/NaN/Inf in foreign function call (arg 3)

Is my problem in the layout? How can I find out exactly where?

Also, Is there any way to do a composite loess normalization using
nonDifferentiallyExpressed genes, but without using print-tip loess
normalization. (I was using a grid with 1 column and 1 row in my layout).

Thanks a lot for your help

Inma