[BioC] affylmGUI problem

James Wettenhall wettenhall at wehi.edu.au
Fri Aug 13 13:46:24 CEST 2004

Jacob and others,

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004, Jacob Hurst wrote:
> I'm trying to follow the estrogen example with the afflmGUI, I've sucessfully
> loaded the CEL files and I'm now trying to create an intensity density plot.

> When I do so I get a litttle message popup box saying "Error in
> FUN(newX[,i],...): Wrong type for argument 2 in call to massdist"

As mentioned offline, I don't know the reason for this error,
and I was unable to reproduce it with a quick test on my system,
but as I was trying to explain (off the BioC list), you should
mention the R command affylmGUI uses to do the density plots so
others on the BioC list may be able to see whether this command
is somehow out of date:

James Wettenhall wrote:
> Here's the command from affylmGUI which does the density plot:
>
> plotDensity.AffyBatch(RawAffyData[,slide],which=whichProbes,
    xlab=xLabel,ylab=yLabel)

where RawAffyDadta is an object of class AffyBatch and
whichProbes is a string: "pm" or "mm" or "both".

Regards,
James