[BioC] problem reading genepix files using both marray andlimma functions

Bela Tiwari btiwari at ceh.ac.uk
Wed Aug 18 10:19:42 CEST 2004

Thank you to both Gordon and Michael for all their time and comments!

Wow, the horrors abound in this set of files! And they also point out
the (many) assumptions I have been making about what has been going on
to produce these files. For instance, I had assumed that as these files
were all part of one experiment, they would all have one gal
file...especially as these people are already analysing this data (or so
I have been told) in GeneSpring. The rest of this saga should be
good.....   :-)

Its no wonder I didn't find that much out there in the mailing lists
about the problem I was seeing...these files could reasonably be called
a "fiasco".

Thank you for all the pointers. Off I go to right the world.

Bela

Dr. Bela Tiwari
Lead Bioinformatician

CEH Oxford