[BioC] error in getBioC("exprs")

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Wed Aug 25 15:57:00 CEST 2004

Robert Baertsch wrote:

> We have R installed with RPMs (by root), sorry for the confusion. My
> request was for a RPM install of bioconductor. I guess that is not
> possible.
>
> When I tried to install bioconductor myself, I got a permission problem
> with /usr/lib since it is root owned.
>
> Can someone tell my how to use the .libPath command to get around that?

.libPaths("/somewhere/you/have/write/access")

Note that this only affects the current R session. You will have to
either follow Ben Bolstad's suggestion or put the .libPath() command in
either an .Rprofile or .First file.

Please see ?.libPaths and ?.Rprofile for more information.

Best,

Jim

--
James W. MacDonald